Friday, February 11, 2011

Color

  •  Color is created by the reflection off of light. Colors are able to have different affects on people as well as symbolize things. For example for many people, Green represents jealousy, red can increase appetites, blue can either be calm or sad and so on.
  • I would say the most fascinating part of colors is they play a major part in our life and we don't realize it. Colors are able to change our emotion as well as our view on something. For example many people cant eat certain foods that are irregularly colored. Such as green pancakes or the famous green eggs and ham.
  • In regards to the color and its effect on emotions, the color video didn't make an impact on me. I liked that she went to Venice to get the lighting and scenery right for her portrait. It showed how serious she was. I also liked how she used different strokes to put extra emphasis on the boat. I did particularly like the showing of how paints are created. 
  • In the feelings video, the Mona Lisa part made the biggest impact on me in regards to color and its effects on our emotions. Honestly it's slightly weird where the video was taken place (during the Mona Lisa scene) I was standing in that exact spot two years ago saying "I don't understand this, there is nothing special about the Mona Lisa..it's just another picture" The way he described the picture made me understand it a bit more, I wish I would have known the meaning/ feeling behind it when I went perhaps I would have appreciated it more >.<  I like it more and I do see that she is simply human but the fact that she was/appeared pure it gave her a godly appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment