Hinduism
• I chose this film because I have never really paid attention in class when we discuss Hinduism. I figured this way I could learn a little about it, and get my work done. Two birds with one stone in a way. It talked about how India uses the practices of Hindusim in their art and architecture, decorated carved-stone shrines, and Hindu Gods, Goddesses, and Cremation. The video goes in depth when talking about the art associated with Hinduism. I’m always fascinated by arts involvement throughout history/ cultures.I was able to learn some more about Hinduism and its arts without getting too bored therefore I liked it. I learned that Hindu the many gods the Hindu’s believe in represented by architecture and sculptures.
The Great Wave (Japanese Art)
• I chose this film because I like anything that has to do with water. I was also wondering if it would mention anything about tsunamis in the past. Watching this video I learned how sacred not only art in Japan is but specifically “The Great Wave”. It was more than amazing how the great wave was able to be incorporated in many works of art and is now a historically known symbol. Although I thought the video was a little long I enjoyed it. It made very clear points and went in depth about how the art was preserved. It also gave brief facts about the history of Japan.
Buddhism
• I chose to watch Buddhism similar to the same reason I chose Hinduism. In addition to I’d like to know the difference between Hinduism. The book touched many subjects of Buddha but usually the videos go in depth. The concepts of Buddhism were the birth of Buddhism in India, its spread to other land and art and architecture in India. The art of Buddha became popular after Buddha’s death, I always thought it was before it. I didn’t find this video as interesting as as the Great wave but I do think I learned something from it and it was a great suggestion considering this week’s readings.
African Art
• Lastly I chose the video African art. Since we learned about African tribes and they’re art in this week’s reading I thought it would be good to watch a video about and learn a little bit more. African art was very influential and traditional. I learned how art was pretty much a daily routine for the people in sub-Saharan. After watching this video I was very excited about making my mask. In Africa they used traditional designs but still personalized their crafts to their liking, I think that’s the part that I liked the most. They were still able to give it individuality
No comments:
Post a Comment