Sunday, March 6, 2011

Instalation Art

Installation art is artwork that changes a viewers perception of an area. It makes a person more comfortable in their space of work. The types of materials used in installation art actually varies. Almost any media can be incorporated in installations. They consist of everyday and natural things.The type of installation ranges depending on the place/ space/ area it is being used on. Installation art is good to make because it can easily transform an area into something more incredible. It can also create a more comfortable environment. It can make people want to revisit the place over and over. I found Yayoi Kusama the most intriguing I liked her style of work. I would actually decorate my room with some of her work.

I did find a piece that I feel a connection with. It's a turtle shaped - piggy bank that my boyfriend made. The theme I believe I want to explore is immersive virtual reality. I will be using

  • my digital camera
  • desk space
  • laptop
This installation will be located in my room because this is where I spend my time when I want to hide out from everyone or when I want to just get some work done.




The turtle was my installation art. Whenever I look at it it makes me think of being in my boyfriends arms. The day it was made we went to a pottery place and we actually got into a mini argument (because we're both stubborn) Then at the end of the day we ended up putting secret I love you notes on our finished pieces. I know this may seem like a weird love movie or something but I really love my boyfriend and whenever I see the turtle I instantly blush. I keep it on the desk along with the two tin bottles. I'm not sure why I love the way it fits there. And the tomato is random I won it in a cooking competition this week and I left it there >.< The pictures are things that I colored and put up because I love making things and using my hands its really fun. So my desk is actually my area of escape because I surround it with things I love and things that keep me comfortable. I think if more students did this they wouldn't have such a hard time sitting at their desk =p

No comments:

Post a Comment