Video Reviews
Architecture: The science of design
- This video taught me thought architecture is a special form of art which also includes science and technology. I learned about the different components that go into it. I also learned well not really but it touched on the fact that location and environment influence an architects decision. In the book it also mentioned that architects use the environment to choose materials and such. I thought the video was a little boring but it did teach me more about the relation of architecture and technology.
Praire Style
- This video was about Frank Lloyd Wright. It has to do with the book because it went more in depth about his opinion on organic architecture. I never really paid attention to architecture more or less organic architecture. I was very intrigued by his design which followed the sun. I was also intrigued that Wright didnt finish High School because it seems that alot of people who are famous for their work didnt continue high school or college and they make it rather far in life. Almost as though College/ High school is a waste of time.
Classical Architecture
- All of the videos related to the book in one way or another but I believe this video did a great job. I like that although solar power is Green Architecture it isnt new. I had a feeling but the video just confirmed it. It also showed the great architecture of Greece and how Greek and Romen architects influenced Modern architects. For example the archs used in modern buildings.
Last call for Planet Earth
- I chose to watch this video because of the name, it sounded interesting. it talked about creating energy efficient buildings. I am also happy I chose this video because I am all for going green I try to do as much as I can for saving the environment. People don't usually take into consideration that what their doing is harming our environment.I learned many techniques that can be used in green architecture, such as windows, solar energy, and underfloor heating or cooling. I really hope more modern architects take this form of architecture into consideration.
No comments:
Post a Comment