Friday, March 18, 2011

week 8

  1. I selected this video the same way I always select a video, by name. I picked the three that seemed the most appealing. Like “Cairo Museum”, my boyfriend’s family is from Cairo and I always like finding out things about it. The illuminated Manuscript made me think of the Illuminati. The measure of all things: Greek art and human figure intrigued me because I like the human figure.
  1. 2.       All of the videos related to the text Living With Art. Each video not only discussed points that were made in the text but also went into debt on each topic. The video’s helped me better understand the text and also answered some questions I may have had.
  1. 3.       Although the video was very informative, I found it slightly boring. I think I found it boring because of the text that I recent read the two together are a bit repetitive. I will say that I did learn from it though. Each video is just a better explanation of what was read in the book.
  1. 4.       For each video the key concepts I’ve learned were
  •         More human than human- Symbols and unrealistic images are important to us. In art humans are always drawn differently then we actually appear.
  •      Cairo Museum- Egypt has a really advanced civilization. The museum has an extraordinary collection of artifacts, King Tuts treasures. This museum holds many of Egypts precious history.
  •    A world inscribed, Illuminated Manuscript- I didn’t learn new concepts. But the video told you that illuminated also means illustrated. It also talked about the production of books and manuscript.
  •     The measure of all things: Greek and Human figure- Views of Cycladic sculpture and Koiros statues demonstrate an evolving realism, idealized human figures and ancient obsessions with the body

No comments:

Post a Comment