1. Albrecht Durer: Image of Master
· I chose this film because of its name/Title. Also because I wanted to know more of the “master”. I also wanted to hear the proper pronunciation of “Durer”. Albrecht Durer was one of the greatest artists during the Northern Renaissance. This may be because his family pushed him and gave him motivation. He traveled to Italy and from his travel he became a landscape artist and was very aware of his works' form and perspective. I think the video did a great job, although it related to the text as always it went into greater detail. This time more than others because the text doesn’t say much about Durer
2. Leonardo DaVinci : The mind of the renaissance
· I chose this video because it’s an artist that I’m familiar with. The video began by talking about Leonardo DaVinci was very talented, even as a child. He showed early signs of being gifted and even became an apprentice. I was aware that he was nicknamed the Renaissance man but I didn’t know he studied so many subjects, compared to many other artists. There is also a joke based on Leonardo DaVinci well not based but it makes fun of him, because he’s known for not finishing the many things he starts. Although in his defense the pieces he does complete turn out to be masterpieces.
3. The Drawings of Michelangelo
· I also chose this video because I was familiar with the artist. This video was intriguing because It not only spoke about his work but also his private life. The text only shows examples of his work, while the video gives inside details about his life and the meanings behind his work. According to the video, he was a bit of a perfectionist. It’s not entirely a bad thing because in some of his sketches, his sculpting knowledge would kick in. Im not sure if that makes sense but the skills he used for his sculptures were evident in his sketches. I believe Michelangelo is a great artist because he uses what he is given and he can incorporate his life into his work. He was also good at making his sculptures look extremely realistic.
4. Velazquez
· I chose to watch this video because I don’t really know much about it. The first thing I learned from watching this is Velazquez isn’t a it, he’s an artist. He’s a painter that created art work for and based on King Philip the Fourth. He like many other artist was inspired by myriad other artist. I found this video to be the most boring of all, perhaps its because I knew a little about each of the other artist prior to watching the videos. He was a great painter who was able to capture emotions in his artwork. This isn’t a rare quality but it is challenging. He painted what he really saw other then what we wanted to see. I liked this video although it was slightly boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment